Thursday, March 7, 2013

International Womens Day

What Do You Do To Show Your Feminine Side?


I'm the first to admit that I don't know much about Politics or Feminism, but I do know that they are two areas that are of great importance.  That is why I always vote.  Women before me made many sacrifices in order that females in Canada had the right to vote.  This is not something I take lightly.  I know so many other women around the world do not have the opportunity to vote.  Infact many countries do not give women rights at all.  That is why I always recognize International Women's Day.




It Is A Day To Celebrate and Conjugate

International Women's Day is a day to celebrate everything women have accomplished and figure out what initiatives need to begin to better the world for women everywhere.  You see there is still much work to be done when it comes to women's rights.  I always go back to the ARE WE EQUALS? video from the 2011 International Women's Day.  I think this video will always strike a chord with me



Conjugate on that.

What Will I Do To Help Make A Change?

I always seem to have a problem with this one.  You see I don't run into gender inequality issues much in my daily life and I know I should make it more top of mind. This year I have started attending Women Powering Technology events in my area and it has been very eye opening.  I hope by helping to make changes where I live, it will have a ripple effect. I'm not saying that its an answer to worldwide human rights issues, but when I see a problem I do my best to create a solution.  Who knows what changes will be made by next year's International Women's Day?

I would love to hear about ideas and events you attend when it comes to making changes where you live.  How do you support local initiatives? What do you do when you see a problem?

If nothing else I hope this post made you ponder these questions, even if just for a moment.



Source: google.ca via Lisa on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...