Saturday, October 23, 2010

DOVE SELF ESTEEM WEEKEND

I wrote this back in June for my Wondermoms.ca Tips for Tweens Blog when they partnered with Dove.  Being that it's DOVE SELF ESTEEM WEEKEND I thought it would be appropriate for a Re-Post
-------------------------------------

During the next few weeks the Wondermoms site is focusing on Dove. I admire their Real Beauty campaign, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that it hit home.


I was getting ready to go out with my son. He came & stood beside me as I was doing my hair in the mirror & said "Mom why do you always have to do make up & hairstyles?" I said "It's just what I do to get ready for my day. Why don't you like it?" He replied with "No, then you don't look like you".

After my heart sank a little & followed by the Biggest I LOVE YOU hug ever, I thought of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U

What do you think of it? Have you shown your kids? I did & I think you should too, just to see their reaction & talk about how it makes them feel.

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone - every girl, boy, man, woman - needs to see this video, and before and after photoshopped pictures of models and celebrities. Even THEY don't look like they look. SO important.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...